1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cubs dump Old Style for Budweiser

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Can't speak for the rest of the Canuckistanis here, but in Ontario there is no cheap beer - there are some low quality brews, yes, cheap they ain't.

2. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I love Ontario...Grand Bend is a fun place to spend a day or three...love the "bikini top optional" beach.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Cut it any way you want, it still sucks.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I think it's gone. Dark was in my rotation at one time as well.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Of current beers, Miller 64 is the worst. Worse than Kroger beer in the generic yellow can with just one word on the side: BEER.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

There is such a thing?! I so want to try it!
    Must. Find.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The generic BEER was in the early 1980s. I drank one that was four years old and if ever there was such a thing as "tasting like the can", that was it - pure metal taste.

[​IMG]

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I went to a party once, opened the fridge and saw it stocked with Brew 102. I decided it was time to leave.
    There were some cool T-shirts back in the day that mimicked the Olympia "It's the Water" logo. Showed a bear peeing in the stream.

LATE ADD: The bear was from the Hamm's beer commercials.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

My favorite cheap beer (which I never actually tried) was something called "Beer:30" with a clock as its logo. IIRC, it may have sold for under $10 a case when I last saw it (4-5 years ago). The artwork on the outside of the carton always seemed like it was from a printer that needed a new ink cartridge.

Here's a pic with a much better looking case than I ever saw...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I have a can of that. My mother-in-law gave it to me. Thought it was a gag, never opened it. Never will.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Among the worst ideas in history...
    [​IMG]

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Why ask why?

It's probably not a good sign when the marketing campaign is basically "don't think too much, just drink it because we said so."

Draft saved Draft deleted