1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cubs dump Old Style for Budweiser

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 6, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And won't give you the shits the next day. That's the thing I remember most about Old Style -- a pesky case of the shits the next day.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Clint Eastwood's characters always drank Olympia in his movies in the late-70s/early 80s. I didn't mind it the few times I had it.

Stroh's is the worst beer I have ever had on either side of the border.

3. old_tony

Stroh's was also a bad beer for beer can collecting. The can was a little narrower and a litter taller than the normal can. You couldn't stack them properly.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I collected cans for a number of years and was part of a can collecting group. Eventually I ran out of room and got rid of it.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hamm's was our go-to in the day's before Milwaukee's Best made it down south. Less than $10 per case in the late 1980s

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We drank Stroh's in college because it had one redeeming quality. It was $9.95 a case.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Farts in your general direction:

[​IMG]

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fire Brewed Stroh's.

Clarke's (formerly) on Fordham Road, in the Bronx, would sell us pitchers of Stroh's for $4.50 when we were 17 or so, in a coat and tie, and carrying our book bags.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn, I forgot about Stroh's Light.

10. Machine Head

I went through a Stroh's Light period.

Blatz Light and Special Export Light as well.

Had some Special Ex at a biker bar before a concert I mentioned a while back on another thread and it went down fine.

11. old_tony

We drank something called Fox Deluxe in college -- three cases for $10.99. This was 1981-82.

12. Machine Head

Fox D in the 70s. Pfeiffer, Hauenstein, Miller Malt Liquor, Pabst ponies, Hamm's football keg..there was a thread on here long time ago about this stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted