1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cuban vs. Jones - no, not the Sj.com Jones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Feb 12, 2007.

?

Who would you want owning your local sports franchise?

1. Jerry Jones

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Mark Cuban

25 vote(s)
    96.2%
  1. I was trying to be gracious.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

You know nothing about the military. Where did you get this shoot first, ask questions later crap from? You apparently do not know about the rules of engagement that our military personal are held accountable for.

3. I'm talking about the fucking administration's decision to go to war, you goddamned fool.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Uh, back to the subject at hand:

Cuban in a landslide.

When Jerry takes a hands-on approach to running a team, it's called "meddling."

When Cuban does it, it's "administrative genius."

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Wow. This thread certainly isn't what I thought it would be.

I'd much rather have Cuban as an owner because he has treated his team and his team's fans with respect. Can't ask for more.

I'll grant whoever the fact that Jones has three Super Bowl trophies. However, those trophies were the direct result of Jimmy Johnson and the Herschel Walker trade. Jones was responsible for bringing in Johnson, but he's also responsible for the mess that followed.

Cuban transformed the Mavericks from the league's joke to a title contender. And the Mavs will win an NBA title. I just hope it's soon enough to see the smug bastard David Stern give it to Cuban.

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Can you say Landslide?

Edit just for Ellis :D

7. Can you use a question mark?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Barry Switzer faxed me and said to put in his vote. There goes the shutout.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cuban 22, Jones 1. Cuban conceded a rouge in the fourth quarter.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I can see your point indians, but I think you would have to concede that a spectre is haunting Europe -- the spectre of communism. All the powers of old Europe have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies.

Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Communism is already acknowledged by all European powers to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the spectre of communism with a manifesto of the party itself.

To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

andy,

you should write a book. really.

folks like yanni, and nativeamericansnetwork are big on capitalism and stuff but I bet they gripe about paying $90 for crappy seats to an NBA game.

so socialize the league and all sports. players make minimum wage. seats go for 50 cents and if they place isn't sold out you mandate people to go sit and cheer.

that way everyone is happy.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Glad to see they thought to publish it in Flemish. I've been worried about the Flemish proletariat. How dare the filthy capitalist powers have their European headquarters in Brussels. It is an insult to the workers of Flanders. As are so-called "Brussels sprouts," which are actually loathed by most of the Flemish-speaking workers.

All power to the workers' councils! Particularly in Flanders! Where Flanders fields' were once soaked red with workers' blood in a senseless slaughter brought about by the capitalist powers...may the Flemish workers one day unite on those same fields in a glorious celebration of love, peace and workers' power! Rise up, I say! Direct democracy in the Flemish workplace! Hash-smoking and fucking in the streets when the work day is done! Flemish folks, one more effort if you are to be revolutionaries!

Good to see Danish, too. Too long has the Danish proletariat slumbered in a pastry- and cookie-induced torpor. The capitalists think they can control the workers by keeping them strung out on simple carbs. We'll see about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted