1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cuban really wants the Cubs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Feb 28, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a D_B, but I didn't see it anywhere.

discuss if so inclined
  2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Chicago fans could only wish to be so lucky.

Seriously, I hope he gets them.
  3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well he's willing to drop $625 million for a franchise worth $448 million, so I think that will go a long way. Assuming the story is accurate.
    Talked to a die-hard Cubs fan earlier and he is hoping for Cuban. He hates the Trib.
  4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I wonder what they would have spent this offseason with Cuban there? $400M? $500?
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

MLB wouldn't take Charles Dolan's money when he wanted to outbid everyone for the Red Sox. I think Cuban would be a great addition to the club, but I don't think Bud Selig and the MLB owners would see it the same as I do for some reason.
  6. Oh, boy.
    Another forum for the world's smartest human.
    Can't wait.
  7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't care if the Cuban in question is Fidel Castro. Anybody other than the fucking Trib owning this club is an improvement.
  8. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

If selling the Cubs will help save some Tribune chain folks their jobs, I'm all for it.
  9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

You found another message board?
  10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He may never ever STFU, but did you forget how fucking awful the Dallas Mavericks were before he got them? I'm 28 now and the ONLY time they've been good as far as I remember is when he owned them. I dunno, maybe he does a few things right here and there.
  11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Cubes has plenty of rivals in the suburbs of Chicago, where well-moneyed men are creating cliques of financiers that all hope to emulate their pal, Jerry Reinsdorf. I know of a rabbi there who told me several of his congregants are bracing to make a bid and that he's asked to be "spiritual advisor" if they succeed. How many years were our people in the desert? Essentially the Cubs are spending someone else's shekels this year. I truly doubt Cuban succeeds.
  12. Here and there.
    He certainly knows how to develop a semifinalist.
Draft saved Draft deleted