1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cuban applies to own the Cubs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jul 13, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well public funds paid for the stadium with the understanding that an effort ($$$) was going to made for field a competitve team.

That sure ain't happening.

14 years and counting

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just don't understand that. He's a great owner. He has already proven his gift for maximizing revenues in Dallas. He has also proven that he will spend what it takes to win.

Right now, they have an ownership that doesn't care about winning. They only care about protecting their profits. They aren't even spending all the money they get from revenue sharing on the team. That team will never win anything with that approach by ownership.

Sure, Cuban runs his mouth a lot and does some goofy things. But the silliness masks the fact that he is an ideal owner. But the real embarrassment is the disgraceful way the Nuttings are running things in Pittsburgh.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the best owners in sports... If you look at what the Mavs were when he bought them compared to now, it shows that this guy really knows what he's doing, even if he has some problems keeping his mouth closed at times...

I really hope this happens...

4. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

If nothing else it would make for nice highlights every night on Baseball Tonight.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

When I read the (revised) title, I tried to figure out which guy from Miami had enough money to buy the Cubs, an expensive property.

Ooooohh....

The Cubs are right up Mark Cuban's ally. A chance to throw money around, and a smaller chance to make history. As an entrepreneur, he's a gambler.

It would be worth it just to see how long Cuban and Lou can go.

Draft saved Draft deleted