1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CT man found with bomb materials: Not going to allow Obama to become pres.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Jun 6, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Gee, bury the news there.

2. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Do you realize how absurd that statement is? The same media who was led around by its nose on terror alert color code changes is now going to just blow off potential attacks on the GOP presidential candidate - sure.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, I thought the same...I actually saw the story first on the local news tonight (same channel as the link), and the Obama angle was the first thing they mentioned. So I was a bit surprised when I went to link the story.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

See this is why it's good that I believe in the whole "Natural Selection" thing.

People stupid enough to build a bomb to kill a man based solely on race are more than likely going to blow themselves up first.

I just hope they don't get the chance to reproduce. The world has enough Walmart greeters, IMO.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember being sent home from school when Reagan was shot. I think I was in second grade. My teacher came in crying... It was scary. I hope it never happens again.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The early '80s were just a string of assassinations/attempted assassinations: Sadat, Reagan, Pope John Paul II, Indira Gandhi. I remember when the Pope was shot, Newsweek's cover simply read "Again."

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I've long felt that Obama, among the three remaining candidates, was the most likely to be assassinated if elected, and it's because this sort of people exist.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Has anybody heard from Old Tony since this guy was arrested?
    I'm just sayin' ...

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What's the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OK, what's the punch line?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Too bad school's out for summer. I'm sure your second-grade classmates miss your "humor."

12. Making Clinton his VP might stave off the assassination attempts.

Draft saved Draft deleted