1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CT man found with bomb materials: Not going to allow Obama to become pres.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

If this has been mentioned anywhere else, I apologize...

A Connecticut man arrested by police for alledgedly having bomb-making materials in his home (in a senior type housing complex of all places), apparently said--according to the judge--that he wasn't going to allow Obama to become America's first black president.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/16524836/detail.html

Unfortunately, I doubt this is the last time we'll see this type of story in the next five months. No matter how harmless this guy may have ended up being, it's still disturbing that the intent was clearly there.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought Limbaugh lived in Florida.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Nice. :)

This guy's probably a Limbaugh acolyte.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

None of this is surprising. Why else is Hillary suddenly eager to accept the VP slot.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I see the dude's point, though. If we allow a black man to become president it will mean .. er, um, ... Well, maybe I don't see his point.

As long as President Obama doesn't wear baggy pants sagging around his knees, I guess I can live with it.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Each candidate has these psychos after them.
    Just the media will focus on the Obama ones.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Since when does Bill live in Connecticut?

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Paging Mizzougrad ...

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm sure if someone is caught with a bomb and an anti-McCain shrine, the media will sweep it under the rug. Your premise is absurd.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's awful. I get chills thinking what would happen to this country if something happened.

It's really fucking scary.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Idiotic statement.

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Quite. I have not been alive for any of the assassinations in U.S. political history, so I cannot speak from firsthand experience. But say some nut job actually does...which was a hard phrase for me to even write...what then? More riots? Mourning. Sadness and another indelible mark in the history books.
    But would the dream die? I wouldn't necessarily have to, and doesn't, no matter who's in the Oval Office.

Draft saved Draft deleted