1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CSTV.com possibly shutting down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 14, 2008.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not sure how many readers of the site exist here, but word out of New York is that CSTV.com, recently bought out by CBS, isn't exactly doing too hot.

The budget has been getting tighter and tighter, and advertising isn't exactly rushing in to the site.

I'm not sure if the actual station is struggling, too, but the site could be shut down relatively soon.

2. That's too bad. I go there to see Tom Lemming's recruiting stuff - his Top 100 players are formatted more pleasingly than Rivals and Scout's (mug shots, etc.).

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Posted a couple threads down:

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Interesting, their main PR guy's e-mail (see earlier thread) is now bouncing as well. Oh and his voice mail is shut down, doesn't even go to an operator.
    Sounds like Moddy needs to fire up the pipeline...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Aren't most college sports websites done by/affiliated with ctsv.com? I thought that was a money maker for them.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I thought so, too. They run a bunch of college Web sites, at least half of those in BCS conferences I'd guess.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We had two dudes from CSTV in the house last night, working on some major project.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Better check to see they didn't loot the place.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

IIRC, NCAAsports.com is now also a CBS/CSTV-run site. I'd be curious to see where all that money is going. Doesn't appear it's going to CSTV.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

cstv has been with CBS for a while, they've been running free streaming NCAA tourney games off their website for three years.

They run a lot of Big Ten websites, but the ads are very annoying and in the worst places.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I never read the site, but do get the TV station. I only watch it when State U that we cover is on it. It'll be interesting to see what happens with all the college Web sites.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Semirelated: CSTV will become CBS College Sports Network this spring.

Draft saved Draft deleted