1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CSI shocker (was the 'Gary Dourdan busted' thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 29, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's been taken off Wikipedia already.

Anyway ...

Warrick is falsely accused of murdering the fat mobster who runs the strip club where he got arrested earlier this season. After investigation, he's cleared but because of an attempt to play cowboy, he's demoted. In the course of the investigation, it is determined that the fictional Las Vegas Sheriff's Office has a mole in it — a cop at a high level working for the mob.

Last scene of the show is of the CSIs having dinner at a restaurant. After that, they leave and Warrick gets in his car to go home. One of the main supporting characters taps on Warrick's right-side window; he rolls it down and they have a brief conversation in which the supporting character is very complimentary about Warrick's work — usual stuff. Says goodbye, rolls up window ...

BANG. Bullet exit wound appears in the left side of Warrick's neck.
    BANG.

The mole carefully wipes a flashy .45 auto clean and drops it on Warrick's passenger seat, then walks away.

It's Undersheriff McKeen.

And I hope they draw it out over most of next season.

Side note: The fact that they had Warrick park in a dark alley was a giveaway.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, that's still up on wikipedia.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is this getting ridiculous?

I mean, I'm all for putting a character in peril, but is it that realistic to think that (off the top of my head) Nick, Sarah, Brass, Greg and now Warwick can all find their life on the line? I mean, I get that their job is dangerous, but is it so dangerous that everyone there nearly gets killed at one point or another?

Oh, and that doesn't even include the chick that gets shot in season 1.

Seriously, I can't think of another show that does this.

And yes, I do still enjoy CSI.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

I have a feeling there's a battle going on between whoever is placing the article and the Wikipedia editors. It's been knocked down once or twice already. At this very moment, there's no article with the title "For Gedda" although it's on the character bio page elsewhere in the archive.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No. If you go to the CSI page and go to 'past feature characters' or whatever, it says he was shot by the undersheriff.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

ER does it too.

And don't forget the CSI killed the premiere episode, left alone at a crime scene when Warrick had to go place a bet.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Yeah, but who would ever think of looking there? :D

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about above. I can't remember her name though.

9. joe

joe Active Member

The waitress will play a big part in finding his killer next season -- or else, why was she shown leaving through the swinging doors? That's no throwaway image. -- or she will be killed early.

Draft saved Draft deleted