1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CSI finale (now w/spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 17, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

One commercial break left ... not sure where this is headed.

And not at all what I expected, to this point.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: CSI finale (no spoilers yet)

The girl the casting director selected to play Natalie has to be a damn good actress to pull that role off.

3. HejiraHenry

From some angles, she looked a little like Sara ...

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I forgot to DVR the episode. Can someone tell me what happened?

5. HejiraHenry

Out of respect to those who may not have watched ... I'll PM you.

Maybe tomorrow we can talk about details. I figure some nightshift types may not have watched.

6. HejiraHenry

A few thoughts, that don't give anything away:

Check out the usual "God shots" panning over Vegas. In the first several in this episode, it's an exquisite miniature.

Excellent, and appropriate, shoutout to David Lynch by Willows in the nightclub scene.

Go back and look at the faces of the CSIs as Grissom tells them his "secret." Nicely done.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I found the episode to be a letdown as a resolution of whole long drawn out miniature killer story arc. Maybe I wasn't following closely enough (I thought I was), but after all is said and done I'm still unclear as to the killer's motive in each of the previous elaborate murders: the hasbeen rock star, the drunk old lady...the others. Was there a common thread or were they random?

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

the naked guy they walked in on, in the apartment next door, was Donkey Lips from "Salute Your Shorts."

9. HejiraHenry

They all seemed to relate in some fashion to cleaning gigs she'd had in the past.

The killing of the rock star and at the chicken plant connected to issues concerning her foster father. The shrink had evidently treated her in the past. The old lady? Not so much.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A great episode, Jay Johnson playing a creepy ventriloquist, the Rat Pack, etc. Interesting sidenote - I read in the National Enquirer that a double was used in the "under the car" scene at the end because Jorja Fox didn't show up on time. She's apparently up for a contract renewal.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If the renewal falls apart, they can kill her off easily since she'll spend the next seven months under that car...

I thought it was good stuff. CSI rarely disappoints me...and I don't push my luck with the other CSI spinoffs.

12. Kent_Dorfman

Kent_Dorfman Member

Jorja Fox wasn't late. She didn't show up for her "death scene."

Reminded me of the Friends when Joey found out his character on Days of Our Lives was going to fall down an elevator shaft so when they filmed the scene he kept trying to get other cast members to get on the elevator first?

Maybe it was just me...

Draft saved Draft deleted