1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crystal Light's Green Tea

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good gosh, is anybody else addicted to this stuff like I am?

You just add a packet to a 16-ounce water bottle, shake and you get this great tasting tea. I'm on my sixth bottle of the day.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Criminy, did you have to move your computer in the men's room?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey, it's not like I'm chugging these bottles. It takes me about an hour to finish sipping one, then it's time for a bathroom break.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Is it sweetened or unsweetened? I like unsweetened iced green tea and have trouble finding it.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Dyno, Have you tried Honest Tea? Try their "Just Green Tea" and "Community Green Tea." Their green teas come in unsweetened and barely sweetened. I'm addicted. It was on sale at Wild Oats last week, and I went nuts. I think I'm about to turn green.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The process does seem to be proceeding apace:

[​IMG]

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Thanks, Luggie. Honest Tea the only mainstream one I've been able to find. I used to get a Japanese brand but I can't find anymore. I just bought a large bottle of Trader Joe's brand, but it's not as good as the others I've had.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Only thing with the Crystal Light is it contains aspartame as an artificial sweetener. The Lipton's packets and Propel packets use sucralose, or Splenda.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Seriously, tho, Tea's Tea (from Japan) has some good flavors, especially green jasmine.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The honest tea is really good. I don't have them very often, though. I go through phases in which I am addicted to the diet Arizona green tea (the 99 cent oil can). It is kind of fake sweetened tasting, but I like it. It's my vice.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

I love those packets. The best one is the Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red, only 5 calories.

Draft saved Draft deleted