1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crown Royal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reggie Dunlop loves Canadian Club and water. Even if he doesn't finish it and calls your son a fag as he storms out.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I love whiskey in all of its forms and spellings -- especially the single-malt Scotch variety -- but there's a special place in my heart for Gentleman Jack. It's just way, way too easy to drink too much of it. Wishing my bottle wasn't 1,000 miles away from me right now.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

A group of us went in a bought a bottle one night. I thought it was good, and maybe someone with more refined tastes could tell the difference, but I didn't think it was worth another $150+ over a bottle of Black.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I have heard the exact same thing.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I bought a bottle of Crown Royal Cask No. 16 and brought it to my newspaper's Christmas-turned-goodbye party when we were shut down three years ago. I planned to make a grand toast to commemorate the time and needed something good with which to toast. Made the toast, but I couldn't tell you how good it was. Not thinking straight even before the party, then got really drunk really fast (that happens when you don't eat for 48 hours before drinking). Had the toast at 4 a.m. when we were all plastered. I think it was pretty good, but by that point I could have been drinking expired Popov and not really noticed much difference. But the people sober enough to taste it tell me it's definitely a step up from regular Crown.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

After our last pre-Christmas basketball game before the holidays, one of our other officials bought a bottle of Crown Royal XR. He gave around 150 for it. Holy Balls, was it ever good..........

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Real Jack Daniels over ice is much better...

Draft saved Draft deleted