1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crown Royal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 24, 2011.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

On mark

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm a Scotch man myself. Any single malt with a name that's hard to spell.

3. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

For Tennessee whisky (Scottish spelling), you can't beat George Dickel. It's not as well-known as JD, but it's far smoother. And the tour is better. The master distiller gave us a tour last summer. Great stuff. Good luck finding it in Tullahoma, however.

For Irish whiskey, Bushmills. Can't beat it.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In making the transition from Long Island Ice Teas to adulthood I went through a Crown Royal phase, "Crown over please." Fairly smooth.

I prefer vodka martinis now. Seems smoother to me than whisky.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ask Wright Thompson which kind of whiskey is good. I'm sure whatever he drinks came from someone's grandpappy and is the best shit that you'll never be able to afford.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Your taste buds can tell it's Canadian? How odd.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Me, too.

8. derwood

derwood Active Member

Irish??

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Grandfather only drank Crown Royal, and he didn't drink much. We were very close, so I have a soft spot for it.

But I'm generally a Johnny Walker Black person. Love the smoky taste.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I want to try Johnny Walker Blue before I die, but it's $200 or so, therefore taint happening for a spell. Anyone ever have it, and what's it like?

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My groomsmen and I split a bottle the night before I got married. Sipped it all night long. Best tasting vomit ever.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One of the best company Christmas parties I've been to -- at my wife's media company before it went deep into the tank -- included a Maker's Mark table with impossibly hot bartenders pouring drinks into souvenir tumblers dipped into the red wax right before your eyes. Just a fine presentation all the way around.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted