1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crowder, don't expect a call from Mensa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Florida wasn't pushing the books to much for this guy.

Nice double negative in the quote as well.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2007/10/24/crowder_discovers_he_wont_need.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

Crowder learns he won’t need translator in London
    By Tim Graham | Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 07:54 PM

Maybe he was joking, but gregarious Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder confessed today he didn’t know until Tuesday that people spoke English in London.

Crowder, a former Florida Gator and Atlanta native, apparently isn’t sure where the plane is headed when it takes off this afternoon for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants in Wembley Stadium.

“I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries,” Crowder said. “I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

He probably still won't understand what people are saying, anyway.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey, he left UF after his sophomore year. If he would have stayed those extra two years he would have been a freakin' genius. It's his own fault.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

First comment leads me to believe it could be a joke

In fact after googling his name and wonderlic, I'd say this is indeed a joke.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I don't know.

Word has it that he was tutored in geography by Miss Teen South Carolina....

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

In fairness, many U.S. Americans don't have maps.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Such as.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:2PIE8Wuxgc4J:www.nfldraftnews.com/players/details%3Fpyid%3D10490+wonderlic+%22channing+crowder%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us

OK, I guess the joke is on us and the poor writer.

I have a joke for him, though, and the punch line is Cleo Lemon.

Draft saved Draft deleted