1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossed Giblets of Death: The SJ Thanksgiving Family Therapy Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think I just got a little misty.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't have a family to go to. I'll go volunteer serving early lunch to the homeless, but then I'm coming home to myself. Joys of being single.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

HB: You know, Janice, there's a novel inside everyone. For most people, it should stay there ...

Janice: How can you be so cruel? We just met! I spooned macaroni casserole onto your plate, for crissakes!

Hockebeat reaches into his pocket and sets off the ring tone sampler on his cell phone. Pulls it out, puts it to his ear and feigns annoyance.

HB: (into the phone) "Look, it's 45 minutes for me to drive there from where I am ... why don't you just let me walk you through it?" (pause) "You know, you're right. I'll be there as quickly as I can. You've got 45 minutes to look at the jobs board on SportsJournalists.com, you hear me?"

He closes the phone.

HB: Janice, love, we'll have to pick this up some other time. Try working on those split infinitives. Guys, sorry. AP laserphoto machine is on the fritz again. Gotta go ...

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We
    Well, have the decency to share a turkey dinner with her tomorrow.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Moddy, hope the son is having a good night. Tonight is the biggest bar night of the year, bigger than NYE or St. Patrick's Day.

Thursday will be spent eating lunch, then heading to the woods for some deer hunting. The deer will be safe, since I'm sure I'll be peacefully dozing away in the treestand without an arrow even nocked on my bow.

6. I'll be working all day but the embassy sent an email listing restaurants that are serving traditional thanksgiving meals tonight so my wife and I are going to check those out. We're going to host thanksgiving on Saturday for the few Americans we know here so that should be interesting....i miss living in America more today than any other day.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, I get to miss T-Day this year.

My daughter came down sick Tuesday, last night her temp was 103. No traveling for her.

So I sent the Mighty Deer Huntermen out the door a half hour ago -- they can deal with my "wacky" Wisconsin family. They were both looking so forward to hunting, I couldn't make them stay here with us girls (Mini Rosie hunts too, and WAS looking forward to the trip, but right now all she cares about is sleeping.)

If Mini Rosie is better tomorrow (and I'm hoping, she's actually slept through most the night last night), we'll head down to Cheddarland and spend some time with the Cheesehead branch of the family. Thank goodness Leinie's is plentiful down there!

In the meantime, I guess today has turned into a "lazy Sunday" equivelent -- football and I'll have to dig around for snacky stuff as Mini Rosie still won't want to eat much of anything.

I think I still will make a pumpkin pie tho.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hope you take all the safety precautions in the treestand.

Son got back to the room about 2:30 and dropped a 20 I'd given him on the table.
    "You didn't need that?"
    "Nope. Had enough change."

It was 25-cent Budweiser night at the bar of their choice. Tonight, women drink free so he and his female cousins are headed back. Probably with his sister in tow as well. And me, except I have to bail early.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Strangely, I understood all of that....

Hope Rose-bud is OK....

Meanwhile, time to mke the stuffing...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What bar does 25 cent beers on TBBNOTY?
    Hell, a lot of bars would raise their prices...

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

"I think the balloons will get off today, it's just a question of how high they can get them up." --Al Roker on Today this morning.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And away we go

Draft saved Draft deleted