1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossed Giblets of Death 2010 -- Season 666

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Wasn't it psychology?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Ha! The memory on you! Yes, psychology, but a weird kind. They tap on each other and reverse the magnetic flow of bad energy. Personally, I like my bad energy, so I don't get into it with her.

Do you think I have an unruly attraction to people who spell creatively? I mean, maceronie??

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You attract them, I'll stab them. Like bugs to the zapper.

And wtf is that? Hippie psychology? Those people who see auras and shit?

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Morning brunch with the family, who will be whisked from the house by 1 p.m. After that, my beautiful wife, my son and myself will cook up a turkey breast, some sides and enjoy a quaint and quiet holiday. Just the three of us.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You don't fit in here at all. :D

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We have a routine in my family when it comes to holidays. My mom, her sister and their five brothers take a holiday and host it. The only exception is Turkey Day and Christmas, where we rent out the dining hall at the local YWCA downtown, since we have a large family.

There has been some serious discussions about leaving the Y because the other grandkids (such as myself) are either spending the holidays with in-laws, boyfriend/girlfriend, or live out-of-state and working. But since we've been regulars there for nearly 15 years, we get the joint for free, as long we call and get ourselves on the calendar.

The only thing that sucks is that we need to get a digital antenna for the TV so we can watch the games. The other thing that grates on my mom and me is that certain family members continue to cook too damn much food, with the attendance dwindling every year.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You went out the dining hall?
    Who are you people, the Fudds?

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Whoa there. You spend most of your life as a perfecto speller, there's something incredibly refreshing about people who just stab at the keys and take their chances. Very liberating. Hi Boom.

But re the psychology....completely f'd up. 'Emotional Freedom' something....tap your head and your armpits and see rainbows, I don't know.

9. Key

Key Well-Known Member

My parents rolled into town with four cases of beer and 15 bottles of wine.
    In a separate incident my mother was overheard saying, "Jesus...I raised a bunch of damn idiots."

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

1. How many people are your parents serving, and
    2. Can we get more detail about the damn idiots?

11. beanpole

beanpole Member

Headed north this year for a New England Thanksgiving. Will have way too much drama amongst the in-laws and I'll have a hard time keeping the TV on football (my wife and her sisters will insist on SoapNet, or Teen Mom or something god-awful). At least they have a great stash of booze.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Going to my sister's house about 35 miles away. Last year, we had a nice dinner and a spectacular floor show from her (then) 16-year-old daughter, who threw a screaming fit because she didn't have the proper ice cream on her apple pie.

Limited food, because I'm under orders to lose weight, and I have to work Thursday night. No snow, though, which is nice, and I have the Internet, through which I can enjoy plenty of helpings of Crossed Giblets. It's one of the highlights of the year. Thank you, 21.

Draft saved Draft deleted