1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossed Giblets of Death 2010 -- Season 666

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 23, 2010.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

But Christmas is coming, hambone.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

only horrisying moment for us came near the day's end, when mother of shockey asked, "so, we're back in 2 weeks for chanukah, right?"

mrs. shockey and moi: "WTF?!"

yup, this jewish holiday is ungodly early this year, beginning on dec. 2, ending on the 9th. oy, vey. not nearly enough recovery time.

once mom learned the crowned prince of case de shockeys won't be home from school until several days after chanukah, she moved to postpone our annual gift-giving, deli-eating, imitation-christmasfest until saturday the 18th.

her spin: "well, the jewish holidays are never on time so why must we? it wouldn't be chanukah without my bubbalah there."

so the 18th it is. my sainted, hostess-with-the-mostest mrs. shockey has earned the break between in-law sessions anyway... then she gets it all revved up for her family's invasion for christmas eve/day.

i dunno how she weathers the storms at this time every year...

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thanks for making us laugh again. I've said this before in different fashions, but you need to be on the writing staff for 30 Rock or SNL.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And if you somehow survive to Easter, it's curtains then.

And to add to hondo's comment, the compilation of these Giblet threads over the years would make for a highly entertaining book.

Draft saved Draft deleted