1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossed Giblets of Death 2010 -- Season 666

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 23, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dear Friends:

Involuntary manslaughter. An affair. A divorce. A nose ring. A Kardashian. A melanoma.

Tuna salad, all over the back seat.

And you?

Welcome one and all, to Crossed Giblets of Death 2010.

I don't know what this means, but the first time I tried to start this thread today, my internet went down. An hour later, it was back, but SJ was down. And then it posted TWICE! The Omen: Season 666.

Incredibly, this is year six of the annual SJ roast feast, the VI year. However, on account of my mother’s lawsuit against alleged homicidal golfer Vi Schmelling, I think we have to go with 2010. Seems less likely you’ll all have to give depositions, or slaughter a small goat to ward off evil spirits and/or my sister.

As always, if you can’t say it here, where can you say it? What happens on Giblets, stays on Giblets. Bring us your tales, your grandma, the candied brussel sprouts you spit into the napkin. Who’s getting naked for the TSA, where ya headed, who’s gonna be there, etc etc.

Come on. You know you want to.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday, or at least have a good laugh trying.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

On Thanksgiving, I will be drinking Spotted Cow by 1PM CST.

At least that's the plan. The guests bring the Cow better not be late.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

It's not truly the holidays until we've had our first glimpse of Marcee's beet-stained sweatpants.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Taking over the kitchen tonight to make desserts, which is the only thing we can really transport 8 hours tomorrow.

And let me tell you, if we forget the cheesecake this year, we may be required to sleep in the car. :p

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Drink something good instead, like anything from Surly!!! :cheers:

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that sounds fair

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Crossed Giblets of Death has replaced the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special as my favorite Turkey Day tradition.

So many thanks for that.

As for me, we're avoiding some serious Thanksgiving travel by skipping her parents and only hitting my family's event — most famous for the time a few years back my SID brother was knocked unconscious by one of nephews with a piece of PVC pipe while playing on the trampoline at my mom's.
    That was memorialized in the Crossed Giblets of Death thread in 2006, maybe, I forget.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

25 and still at the kids table along with my 27-year-old brother and his 27-year-old girlfriend. Barry and Janet are in their 40s, but they don't talk. We should get their seats. Also, their daughter needs to lay off the ice cream.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Home for the Holiday at Chez Hondo, with mother-in-law, bro-in-law and my golf teaching pro coming (he just broke up with a girlfriend and really want to get my handicap into single digits).

Grown daughter (who still lives at home) is bringing some new boyfriend. Safe bet he'll be another idiot. She doesn't date criminals -- just morons.

I toyed with the idea of flying to visit a sister but who knew what it really meant when a TSA employee asked if he could inspect your package.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

See, I'd rather sit at the kids table. No talk about gall bladders, health care, the price of a nice whitefish in 1943. You get to make butt jokes and sing Lady Gaga songs, and no one ever ever ever asks if you've gained or lost a little weight.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

A very good local brew!

[​IMG]

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted