1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossed Giblets of Death 2009

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 24, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dear Friends:

Welcome to Crossed Giblets of Death 2009. Technically, if we were true to tradition, it's the V season, because last year was IV, which followed III . But V made me think about that new show with the aliens and the mothership, which seemed a little too close to reality.

Wow, I never noticed until this moment that if you abbreviate Crossed Giblets of Death, you get CGoD. CGoD?? See God? Did you get a chill just now?

The usual yada yada: This thread is for everyone, a big community feast where you can talk about your relatives and not worry about being removed from the will. Which actually happened to me this year, on account of Lou losing the Lexus in the snowbank, WHICH WAS NOT MY FAULT.

So please, bring your stories, your gripes, your leftovers, whatever alcohol you can find, maybe some cookies….we’re going to get through this together.

I’m travelling today. Anyone else? Are you going to my sister’s? I hope you brought good socks, she just had her floors done.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm going to my sisters. We asked what we could bring. She said drinks.

I think we got off easy.

My wife was offended.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm driving 14 hours home tomorrow. Worst part is not being able to stay updated on this thread. Someone text me updates!!!

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and you'll pull over to the side of the road to safely read and return those texts, right?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My sister tomorrow sometime (she is a little more than an hour away), sans my girlfriend, which is bumming me out. For months, we have been spending more time together than some married couples, but she is European and didn't grow up with Thanksgiving, and the idea of my family eyeballing her suspiciously (although that wouldn't be the reality) makes her too uncomfortable. Then back home sometime Friday. And Saturday -- a college hockey game at Madison Square Garden that I am looking forward to in a way I haven't looked forward to anything in a long time.

6. imjustagirl

With two cats howling in carriers and a cooler of caffeine, I'm not stopping until I run out of gas.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

We are having 15 people over.

I will start drinking beer and putting up Holiday lights around noon.

9. imjustagirl

I may start drinking beer at noon. If you're on an interstate between CT and KY, watch out for the careening Impala.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm going to Lynchburg, VA. Woooohooooo! Dining with my sister's baby daddy and his family. Sister and boyfriend had a son together this summer. The young parents could easily be classified under various DSM-IV codes, but that's not important right now. Boyfriend's parents are extraordinarily religious (and living in Lynchburg, imagine that). This religious fervor is to the point that Bob and Kathy (baby daddy parents) will drop a turkey on the floor and point at the ceiling and say, "You're funny God. That must have been in your Design!" Bob loses his job, doesn't bother looking for another one because he believes God will notify him when a position has opened. Their other son, Phil, gets a DUI over the summer. Must be in God's plan. Couldn't be the fact that Phil is an alcoholic. My sister wrote a sweet message about my nephew on her Facebook wall a couple of weeks ago, basically talking about how her son had a cold and she has never been so worried about another person in her life. New mother stuff, you know. Bob took to her wall and informed my sister that "worry is a sin because it means you don't believe in God's plan for you." Oh, and under no circumstance am I allowed to bring up evolution. That topic is outlawed in their house. So, there must be some sort of Darwin shirt I can find on short notice. This is the shit I am walking into on Thanksgiving. I'm bringing the shotgun located on my avatar. I'm also bringing a single cyanide pill, a grenade to stuff in the turkey and a barrel of bourbon. Dinner starts at 3p. I will arrive at 3:15, knowing these things always start late. I will be exiting promptly at 4:30p. It's part of God's plan.

Edit: I have no issue with religion, in most cases. But when it bars people from taking responsibility or accepting accountability for their own lives, it starts to piss me off. Or maybe it's just that these two people don't swear. That makes me highly fucking uncomfortable.

11. imjustagirl

I can text you random curse words as I drive, if that will make you feel better.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

My mother's parents are anti-alcohol. So the alcoholidays will not begin until sometime around 4:30 on Thursday. Thank gawd they have to drive home before the sun goes down. After they leave the tolerance juice will flow!

Draft saved Draft deleted