1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cross Webb off VP list

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I like Kaine, but I think Obama will end up picking someone older.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm going with the "boring" white woman, Sebelius. Roman Catholic, born and raised in a swing state (Ohio), from a red state so she's crossing the aisle all the time ... and as the SOTU rebuttal speech proved, there's no way she's going to anywhere near as charismatic as Obama, so she's balances the ticket out in that sense.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I so wish Mark Warner hadn't withdrawn his name from the pool. Think that ticket would have been unbeatable. On the Republican side, find it incredibly funny that Charlie Crist is suddenly getting married. You don't thnk that was planned, do you?

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

How about General Ambrose Burnside?

5. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

I saw a piece arguing Jake Reed, the senator from Rhode Island, would make a lot of sense for Obama if you aren't basing things on winning a specific state. It made a pretty good amount of sense.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You know, Albert Schweitzer is dead.

"Cross him off the list, then."

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

John Kerry's name has come up today, FWIW.

Obama could do worse.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

BWAH-HAH-HAH!

How? Make Dukakis his running mate?

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The Republicans are running John McCain this year. No room to talk.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

VP is Kerry's last remaining hope for the Prize, but as things stand, he's really got it made, and not convinced he still has the hunger to compel him to endure another national race . . . not to mention he's a little long in the tooth, now, in any event.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

No sitting senators! </fenian>

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think Sebelius would be a good choice. She's a Dem who is the governor of a traditionally Red state, so she's moderate enough to appeal to both parties. The people of Kansas obviously liked her enough to vote her to a second term (I voted for her last time around). I think she'd be a smart choice to appeal to those who are on the fence. Plus, then it would bring a woman into the mix and that could swing that portion of the population.

Draft saved Draft deleted