1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cross-Country Girl Breaks Leg, and Finishes Race

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 16, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

She still would have beaten me.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

"No, no, no"

I just started on solid foods again even after HEARING of the cups.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I would like to thank SportsJournalists.com Nation for keeping my no vomit streak alive. I haven't thrown up since eating an entire bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos in the seventh grade. The streak is nearing a quarter century now despite at least three drunken episodes which caused some memories of each evening to be erased. (Of course, I may have vomited and not remembered during those drunken episodes, but since I was not told I vomited, my streak remains intact.)

Anyway, a friend emailed me the link to the cup video the other day and then called to tell me to look at it. I refused. He was laughing and urging me to watch it, telling me it was funny and there were hot girls, etc., etc. With prior SportsJournalists.com knowledge, I wouldn't back down. Then he was pissed that I already knew what it was about. Just reading about it on SportsJournalists.com was enough to almost ruin my no vomit streak; actually watching the video would have pushed me over the edge.

Congrats, SportsJournalists.com Nation. You saved the streak.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Here you go, TSP. Celebrate your no puke streak with a cookie!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Are you really going to listen to BYH? Trust me, the black and white cookie -- while I love it because it's two races of flavor living side by side -- will not make your stomach sit well. It ended my 13-year vomit streak pretty quickly.

Just think about it, TSP.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Coincidentally, Seinfeld just explained the streak to Elaine. Imagine that.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn, I can't match that....can match, "Vomit free since '93." though

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm going on 16 months since a meeting with an entire bottle of tequila. I usually spew every couple of years, and I'm proud of that.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I can't watch the Theismann-LT video without being at risk of losing my lunch. I think I'll not click on this video, inspirational as it may be.

10. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

What's painful?

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Freakin' awesome.

She had to finish the race, and By God, she did.

If she were 21, I'd FedEx her a 6-pack.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The question is this: is she a Redskins fan? ;D

In all seriousness, what an amazing girl. It's even more amazing that she was not motivated by money, international acclaim, a gold medal or any of that. She just wanted to finish the damn race. I don't know if I would have continued on. That's a level of determination that even Tiger, MJ or Jeter would have difficulty matching.

Draft saved Draft deleted