1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crocodile Hunter dies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 4, 2006.

1. busdriver

busdriver Member

Do you not have children Point of Order? if so you would understand that statement.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

So... let me get this right....

You think that cops, firemen, construction workers.... all those workers, should retire upon having children?

What message are you guys trying to send?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've seen interviews where he talked endlessly about his family... his mother, his father, his wife, especially his kids.

Maybe he just talked a good game. But I have a sneaking suspicion that his kids got more out of the few years of parenting he gave them than many kids in this country will get in a lifetime.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I would guess you are right.

He had honest eyes.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Excuse me ... dangerous human animals ... better?

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've decided to live the rest of my life in a well-ventilated, well-supplied fallout shelter. For my kids.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Really sad to hear of his dying.

My boys (7 and 5) really loved his shows and I attribute a great deal of their curiosity and love for animals and basically all living creatures to Mr. Irwin's infectious enthusiasm and ability to make the animals exciting and worth preserving.

RIP Stevie.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It can't be too well-ventilated in case of biological attacks or in case you have severe allergies. You wouldn't want nerve gas or pollen getting in.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've decided the best thing I can do for my kids is not have them.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

His Sportscenter commercial is one of the funniest ESPN has ever done.

11. This makes me wonder how many people have died this way?
    Very few, I would think.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I've got a two-year old and am working on another one, and the statement is still of an emotion-filled, lynch-mob menality. Don't lump all parents into the same irrationality of thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted