1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cripes - Lighten Up Frances

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This again.

What part of "political correctness" covers fratboy boorishness? He fucked around and got caught at it. He apologized, as he should. In what way is any of that related to "political correctness"?

If Barry Bonds had done the same thing, every sportswriter in America would be apoplectic.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jay Bruce is speaking for me.
    To YOU. Assmunch.

BudCrew, read the story. He's flipping off his teammates for applauding him for finally getting a hit.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He should've flashed the shocker.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Dumb move. Apology. Game to play tonight in Miami. Turn the page.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If crotchgrabbing is offensive the men's NCAA Tournament selection show is hereby cancelled.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Baseball is a game of adjustments. Ask anyone.

7. Bruce's apology gives us the best insight. It was all in fun, but he realized it was a juvenile thing to do and owned up to it. And yes, it's because there are cameras everywhere. It wasn't like he was sitting in the dugout out of earshot and told a teammate to F off. If MLB gets involved, I can't see it as anything more than, "Hey, don't do it again."

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Because of this line from the story in Moddy's thread-opening link:

It would seem likely that some sort of discipline will come from Major League Baseball, but Bruce has not heard anything.

Sure he should apologize. But the thought that he should be disciplined is bullshit. What would be the purpose? To protect and reassure all the fans who were so traumatized by what he did? Yeah.....that's political correctness, and fuck that.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hardly.

That's a family entertainment business protecting its revenue stream. I don't think he deserves punishment, nor do I think he'll get any. But the apology simply reflects good manners.

Draft saved Draft deleted