1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Criminal runs to jail to flee police

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 17, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

www.wcbs880.com

Can't find a link to the text part of the story, but hopefully on the right side of the page under audio they keep a link up to the story "Burglar Runs onto Prison Grounds"

Basically a guy who committed a robbery was fleeing police and cut through some back yards and slid down an embankment right onto the grounds of a prison, where the guards promptly arrested him and held him until the town's police showed up.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Life's a bitch, huh?

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Either he was just damned unlucky, or he's making a bid for dumbest criminal of the year already.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Maybe he failed the course in reverse psychology. Or did he?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The good news is, he's getting an early start to his sentence so he'll get credit for time served and be out sooner.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

when mrs. petty and i used to watch cops -- before the heartbreakers -- i'd always find myself rooting for the criminals to get away.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's still not as bad as the idiot who stole a CD player, realized the remote was still at the house, and returned the next day to try and get it, only to be busted at the scene.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, my good friend, actually the original story is worse, much worse.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I disagree. Look at the transportation savings you get with the former.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yawn, you make a damned good point.

i will move on.

Draft saved Draft deleted