1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crime 360 and The First 48

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 30, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like the Miami guy, Sergeant Joe Schillaci.

Does anyone else notice how the Detroit cops just work eight hours and hand the case off to the next shift?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

First 48 fans, I am strongly recommending the episode titled "Lester Street."

It's set in Memphis, and a large amount of men, women and children are killed in a home.

It's not a nice episode, but it is fantastic.

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I first discovered this show from this thread, and I thank 93Devil for starting it. What a great show. I think I have seen every episode since then. "Lester Street" is a chilling episode, and I just watched it for the second time in the last few days. I also recommend "Gone," the episode where there is no body recovered.

I especially love the crews in Memphis (although I believe they are out of the rotation) and Miami. Shillaci is a cool cat, and I love the diversity and passion for the city that the Miami detectives have. On a side note, I have been to Overtown (after getting lost on the way to Key West), and we knew it was a dangerous place. But I never realized how bad until I saw at least a dozen investigations from there on this show.

There were some new episodes on tonight, but I haven't watched yet. Not sure if it's the start of the new season, since I have the DVR set up to record them all.

I know these detectives must be really close, and they all seem like good people, but I wonder if they ever get pissed at each other. With no sleep and working closely like that under high stress, I'd think there'd be more blowups. And I have also noticed that some of the cities have the shifts going, which I guess is safer than having guys going on a raid with guns after not sleeping for 30 hours.

Tried to watch Crime360, but it's just not as good. I prefer the interrogations and the chase, not the technical stuff.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Wow. Just watched the episode "Devil's Candy" and I know it's an old one, but it's got to be the best episode ever. Even better than "Lester Street" in my opinion. I mentioned in the previous post that Shillaci is the man, and this epsiode focuses on his past as an undercover officer. Real emotional and powerful stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted