1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crick in my neck

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Aug 19, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How do those things work, exactly? I'm guessing your phone has an app that detecs a bluetooth device? Or do you have to download something?

Driving in DC, it might be a good idea to have one. Thanks for the links, Buck.

2. Sneed

Sneed Guest

If your phone has Bluetooth on it, it'll work. The instructions should come in the packaging of the earpiece. It's pretty easy to set up.

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Next time, on a very special episode on SportsJournalists.com, "My bladder is full, how do I pee?"

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Pretty simple, as long as your phone is Bluetooth-capable (which all new ones are.)

On my phone -- a Sanyo which was discontinued in 2007, by the way -- I just went to Tools and there was already an option for Bluetooth. Just click "add new device," follow the instructions, and voila. Took about 20 seconds to set it up.

Then, any time you turn on the Bluetooth, the phone detects it automatically. Any call you make or receive will come over the device. Or you can just turn it off to use the phone instead.

I've never had a problem talking or hearing into mine, and I've got one of those little $15 earpieces like the ones in the links. And best of all, my recorder picks up both sides of the conversation using the TP-7 adapter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Sonner, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to talk on your phone while driving in the district, including with hands-free devices. When my uncle lived there, he would freak out and end every call as soon as he entered the district because he said it was a huge fine if they pull you over for talking on your phone while driving.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hands-free devices are legal in D.C.: http://www.drivinglaws.org/dclaw.php

7. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Then I stand corrected. He just always used one and always told us it was illegal to talk on the phone hands-free or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted