1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crest Whitening Strips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jun 29, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Anybody tried them?

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yes. I used them last year and they worked well. One caveat is that they only work on tooth enamel, so if you've got any bondings, they won't whiten the bonded areas. I have really sensitive gums, so I could only use them once a day (the current system recommends using them for 30 minutes in the morning and again at night for 10 days. I just used them once a day for 20 days and was pleased with the results.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

If you have sensitive gums, it might burn like hell.

4. Varla

Varla Member

I have. Not had any problem with them, but they take some getting used to.
    I found that applying the top and bottom strips at the same time is the best way for me.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This is one of the many reasons I am still pissed at myself for running into a metal pole when I was in 4th grade (long story). I have bonding on my front 4 teeth and cant use these.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The fine print instructions tells you to avoid engaging in oral sex while wearing the strips. It does not really explain why.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

If you can handle the kind of funky peroxide taste, they actually make your teeth feel really clean.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the whitening strips, or to Boom's post above?

9. joe

joe Active Member

Hell, I figured that would be like getting one while she has an Altoids in her mouth. Definitely interesting. And you'll never look at one of those tins the same afterward.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've used Crest strips regularly and am OK with the results.

A couple of years ago, I had been talking to a friend and kept trying to figure out what was different about her. I finally said, "This is going to sound weird but man, your teeth look whiter." She said she'd used Crest strips. I was the only tactless person who commented. Even her husband didn't notice. But I went out and bought some.

11. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Well, considering the instructions say put it on before you brush your teeth, I don't know about "really clean" feeling after wearing them, but it's better than a totally gross feeling before.

And um, I'm just going to pretend like I didn't see Boom's post.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I like 'em but agree only 1x per day.

A good routine is to brush with a whitening toothpaste like Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, apply the white strip and leave on while you dry your hair, get dressed, make-up, etc.  Then carefully remove the strip-- if that stuff gets on your clothes, forget it-- then lightly brush again.  Don't over-brush your gums.  :D

Another tip:  If you have a smile where only the top teeth really show-- then you can use the bottom strips on the top as well !  Double your money's worth. Crest will never be the wiser.

Draft saved Draft deleted