1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creighton gets no-hit, but wins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/09/sports/BBC-No-Hit-Winner.php">
    Who needs a stinkin' offense when North Dakota State can't get the ball over the plate. Creighton wins 2-0 It's the first time a team no-hit an opponent and lost since Maryland-Baltimore County's Eddie Bach held Hartford hitless and lost 1-0 in a seven-inning game April 30, 2006.</a>

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

My god, the first time that has happened since 2006 -- two entire years ago ... what a rarity.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I saw it happen in a softball game once. I'll bet it's fairly common in softball.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That's the stunner: That it happens that often.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not that stunning on college or HS level. really rare in MLB

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Did Andy Hawkins pitch?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I threw a no-hitter in a 15-18 year old game and lost, 1-0.

I walked a batter, and it was followed by back-to-back errors in the bottom of the 9th.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Covered a high school softball game a couple weeks ago, when the losing team was no-hit and the winning team had two hits — and won 10-0. Fourteen walks will do that, I guess.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How does Creighton -- a pretty respectable college baseball program -- get no-hit by NDSU?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Saw something like this three, four years ago. Home high school team that got no-hit won when someone walked, stole second base and scored on an error to make it 1-0.

Draft saved Draft deleted