1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creig Ewing leaving Louisville

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Posted this on Gannett, figured it was worthy of its own thread as another talented SE finds life outside the business. Creig's a friend, a very good guy and from everything I can gather, a very good SE. Bad day for the business when someone like him gets out

via the Twitters (and he also posted it on Facebook) - Creig Ewing leaving Louisville. This saddens me, though makes me happy for him that he found something good.

Creig is a very good guy and a good SE. Louisville won a triple crown last year.

Good luck pal.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Moddy.

And I will go ahead and out myself as Ace to those who don't know. Will miss the biz, but won't miss the hours or the disappearance of copy editors.

Creig

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ha! I almost wrote, "And he's aces to me," but wasn't sure if it was still a secret.

You are Ace and aces, sir.

Don't be a stranger. You are always welcome here. Come laugh at us any time.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Where are you headed, Creig?

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Best of luck, Ace.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I hope you're leaving because the Plain Dealer finally said you were good enough.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Ace is Creig Ewing! Oh, wait... lol

Creig, best of luck in your new job!! Louisville will not be the same without you!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wish it was the Plain Dealer!

No. Going to work in a communications consultant role at Humana. But don't come crying to me about your co-pays or Obamacare.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How come nobody knows how to spell Craig on this thread?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

#YankeeFanJenaySyndrome

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How many job applicants did Creig turn down over the years because they spelled his name wrong?

12. joe

joe Active Member

How many sportswriters silently cursed Ace's parents for that spelling?

Draft saved Draft deleted