1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Credit cards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jan 14, 2010.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

True, the coupons seem to apply to practically nothing, but every item is on sale seemingly every other week.

2. What offends me the most is that retailers claim to be so desperate for money, but then they would rather send you home with the $100 you planned to spend at Macy's in your wallet than fork over an extra $15 to sweeten the deal. Sounds pretty illogical to me, but then again, we are all in journalism.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yep. It's absolute bullshit.

I understand the need for a deposit, but not if it's some outrageous amount. I won't agree to it.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why isn't it financially responsible to use a credit card? I have the Marriott Rewards card that has a 15K limit that I have had since 1998. I have never carried a balance and pay every single thing I can to garner points. Paying no interest and having a float on my money seems pretty damn responsible to me.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I didn't say it wasn't financially responsible to use a credit card. Lots of people, like yourself, handle them very well.

Many people don't, though, which is why I think the ultimate example of financial responsibility is to not use credit at all. It wasn't intended as a shot at people who do use credit and do it well.

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

penfed.org

Draft saved Draft deleted