1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Credit Card Companies Suck, Part Infinity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McPoyle, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dealers get one shot. If they fail, leave. No questions. No exceptions.

2. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

That was earlier this year for me -- around January, and I still have it at 9.9%. It better stay that way, or I'll throw another fit! Ha.

3. How'd the sneaking into movies go?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Bump.

I got into a screaming match with Chase today. I missed a payment, granted my fault. Had the money to pay the whole damn thing of and forgot to mail it.

So I called the bastards and asked if there was anything we could do. I was within the five-day grace period that most cards offer, does that help? Nope. I have never missed a payment before, does that help? Nope.

Can I speak to a supervisor? No, they only deal with "adminstrative issues".

How about this asshole. This is the company that I work for's card. I sell your cards. In fact, I was one of the top sellers in my store for the first quarter. Does that help? Nope. Well, what do I tell my customers when they ask me if this is an easy card to deal with? Well, you have them just call us, and then you should speak to your supervisor if you don't feel comfortable selling our cards.

Riiiiiiigggtt.

Said company owes me $40 in rewards after this Christmas spree. I will take these rewards, quickly turn them into a Marshalls giftcard (so they can't void them) and cancel the card. When they ask why, I will politely explain my situtation and that I will strictly be canceling my card because of poor customer service.

I'm wondering if I should cancel my other Chase credit card just to make a point, but I'm worried what it will do to my credit.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bump.

So I decided to close my HSBC credit card account in writing. And I wrote them a nice nasty letter that was quite theraputic:

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is Baron Scicluna, and my account number: 867-5309.

I am writing this letter to opt out of my credit card account and to never do business with you or your affiliates, again. I have been a loyal customer of several banks through the years with this account and am outraged about your increase in interest rates. I have not been late with a payment in over 12 years, and it is not right for your business to punish those who choose to do business with you. And I don’t want to hear about how new regulations by the government are forcing your decision to raise the rates. For too long, banks and credit card companies have gotten away with cheating their customers and now that you are being forced to stop, you choose to punish your most reliable customers. And please do all of this country a favor, and do not dare to ask for a bailout the next time there is an economic crisis in this country.

As I’ve said, I will no longer have an account with you. Unless it is regarding the closing of the account, I don’t want to hear any communication from your company about remaining a customer, or any new products. I am also pulling a page from your playbook and changing our agreement. My time is very valuable. If I receive a phone solicitation from you or one of your subcontractors, I will be charging your organization $200 for the first minute, $100 for each additional minute. If I receive any mail or e-mail communications, other than a final bill, I will be charging your company $100 per piece of mail. I will then be sending bills to your company, and if necessary, file a lawsuit to collect. I’m sure you would want to avoid the publicity of a lawsuit. I will give you until Dec. 29, 2009, to opt out of this arrangement (you may notify me in writing or by phone if you wish to opt out, with no charge).

Congratulations! You’ve just lost yourself a customer.

Sincerely,

Baron Scicluna

Draft saved Draft deleted