1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creative crime of the week....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 5, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

N.S. thieves drain, remove swimming pool
    Jul. 5, 2006. 12:44 PM

ALTON, N.S. (CP) — It's a robbery that puts a whole new slant on the concept of taking a swim.

Rebecca Arthur is at a loss to explain how someone managed to steal her family's above-ground pool earlier this week.

"It wasn't something small and it wasn't something easy for them to accomplish," said Arthur.

"I cannot for the life of me imagine how these people took this pool out of here."

The thieves collapsed the pool on Monday and got away with everything but the ground sheet.

The pool had been set up for just a few days and Arthur's two children were still waiting for the 13,250 litres of water to warm up before this summer's inaugural swim.

"It literally looked like it was beamed up," Arthur said.

"The pump was unplugged from the extension cord, the ladder was gone and the only thing left there was the ground cover tarp."

Arthur said while the probability of having the pool returned is slim, she's hoping for a happy ending.

"We joked ... about painting a big sign saying we promise not to come after you if you put the pool back where you found it," she said.

Arthur reported the theft to the RCMP.

"They'll keep their eyes open and their ears because it is such a bizarre story they're sure that someone will brag about it eventually."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How could you NOT brag about that?

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I thought this was going to be another Bill Simmons thread.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Someone stole an above ground swimming pool?

I'm guessing a pickup truck was involved.

Draft saved Draft deleted