1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crazy Spring Break Stories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Forever Town's thread got me thinking that we need to have a thread where everyone tells some of their craziest spring break stories. The story threads are always the best ones.

Anyone have a wild one to start with? I have some but, knowing some of the characters on here, I think we could get some better stories to jump-start this thread.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Guy I went high school with was so hungover one morning in Daytona that he passed out on the beach with his mouth open and got a sunburn on the back of his throat.

That is a level of pain I never want to experience.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Once I got real drunk, got on a tricked-out coach bus, and took my shirt off on camera. Then I got a trucker hat. It was wiiiiiild.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think I have that video.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's awful. I don't have a sunburn story but I am blacklisted from the South Padre Sheraton because a friend decided to throw a table out the window at 8 a.m. We were on the 10th floor. To this day, I don't know why he did it.

He just woke up, rolled out of bed, went to the patio and threw the table.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This story is 20 years old. My best friend and I from college did an impromptu Florida trip one year. We hadn't planned on going anywhere, but we were drunk one night and everyone had left for spring break and he said, "Let's go to Florida and see some spring training games." And I said, "Why not?" So the next morning we hopped in my car and drove 25+ hours in one shot, got to Florida and realized we didn't have much money and had no place to stay. We slept in the car for a night or two. Then, on second or third night down there, we got really drunk at a bar and again, we had no place to stay. We somehow ended up passed out on a private beach. A rent-a-cop came and woke us up and told us to leave, but we were really drunk, so apparently we waited till he left and went back and fell asleep again. The next time he came, it was a police officer, and we got tossed in jail for the night -- which turned out to be a pretty good thing, actually. We slept like babies in a cell to ourselves, they fed us the next day, allowed us to take a shower and then let us go without pressing charges. The jail was actually nicer than where I was living at the time.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I remember one spring break when my parents left town.

I stayed up as late as I wanted watching TV.

And I didn't have to make my bed. For a whole week!

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Aren't all crazy spring break stories pretty much the same? Got really drunk, caused property damage, passed out, vomited, got sunburned, got laid. Rinse and repeat.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dammit. I knew I forgot one of those.

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Your avatar picture makes that story so much more compelling.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No money for a $30 room, but enough money for two people to get drunk numerous times?

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

My college roomate, a friend of his and me did a roundtrip Greyhound Bus trip from Boston to San Diego.
    I know, doing that is crazy enough, but we have some very interesting stories from just about every stop along the way.
    From my buddy talking to a south station terminal guy, only to realize he was talking to someone behind bullet proof glass that couldn't hear a word he said during the 20 minute conversation.
    to almost getting mugged in the NY station by a homeless guy.
    To meeting a drugged out guy who had to sit in the seat next to me in Wheeling, WV. To seeing cops chase down robbers just outside the doors of the Chicago station.
    To the man playing guitar for tips inside the St. Louis station trying to raise enough money to go to Texarkana for his grandma's funeral.
    And the very dirty truck driver with chocolate milk-stained tshirt getting on the bus with us.
    to watching two pot heads get busted in Phoenix and them staring us down as we laughed becaused they believed we turned them in.
    To standing ...

Draft saved Draft deleted