1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crazy Mother-In-Laws

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 25, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

This thread is only for stories about crazy mother-in-laws. If you have a crazy father-in-law, you'll have to start your own thread.

Much has been said about one of my mother-in-laws, but I've never been able to explain fully the horror.

So I'll just give you one little detail, something I heard about five minutes ago. My father-in-law just told me that his wife had thought that they lived in South Carolina until a few weeks ago. I've been married for seven years, and they've never lived anywhere in that time other than northeast of Charlotte. This lady is so dumb that I nearly start shaking violently when she says something. Yesterday, I noted that one team was trying to make the playoffs. She wanted to know how they decided which teams earned a trip to the playoffs. I told her it was based upon records. She wanted to know what records were. She seems to think that her the university her son attends "won state" when it actually won a national championship.

I mentioned to my wife, who graduated from EIU with Tony Romo, that he was dating Carrie Underwood. As soon as his name rolled off my tongue, the mother-in-law said, "Who's Tommy Rimmo?" I could go on for days, but I don't think it's necessary. I challenge anyone to come up with a better mother-in-law story than one in which said mother-in-law is completely unaware that she lives in North Carolina rather than South Carolina.

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

My mother-in-law is 60, but didn't know who Bob Dylan was when my wife suggested "Modern Times" as a gift for me.

"Is he new?"

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

No crazy mother-in-law story here, because despite being married since the Stone Age, I've never met nor spoken to Mrs. Editude's mom.

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Mr. Editude, you are one lucky man. I won't even bore you with my psycho mother-in-law stories.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Shouldn't it be mothers-in-law? Just sayin'.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have my stories, but I've been informed to stay off this thread since the fiance reads it, too.

7. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Wow, that's even sadder than having a crazy mom-in-law.

Mine arrived in Atlanta on Wednesday night from South Florida, and I was ready to send her back by lunch on Thursday.

To sum up her Thursday morning comments: She was cold (despite it being 70 and sunny), our son's private school is too long of a drive, his Christmas program was much too long, and our restaurant choice for lunch wasn't to her liking. She'd been here less than 18 hours and I was ready to go up on the roof and jump. And it's just been more of the same since then.

Please, someone just fucking shoot me!

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i had an awesome mother-in-law. she passed about two years ago and i was honored to give one of the eulogies. a non-intrusive with nothing but love in her heart for all her children, grandchildren and sons-in-law.

sorry i can't help with the in-law bashing. now, mothers are another issue. . . :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm not married, but my girlfriend's mom is a fascist right-wing battle axe twat from hell. I have no funny stories regarding her. She's not funny.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not even in a tragic or unintentional comedy sort of way?

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well, I've only been dating my lovely young lady for a few months. There's still plenty of time for hilarity to ensue. There is an unintentionally funny aspect to the way that trollish old woman thinks she's a blessing to society, but I don't have any amusing anecdotes yet. :mad:

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

My wife's mom could be pretty bitchy but mellowed in her final few years before she died in 2005.

There's always a flip side to that coin. My wife has to deal with my mom. Earlier today I was going to drive in some nasty weather and my wife told me to be careful.

Me: "Why, you don't want to identify my body on Christmas day?"

Wife: "I wouldn't want to make that call to your mom."

Me: "It would be 15 minutes before you'd get a word in, anyway."

Wife: "I'd have to start screaming, HE'S DEAD! HE'S DEAD!"

Me: "Send her an e-mail, I guess."

Draft saved Draft deleted