1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crazy Bastard Holds Hillary Staffers Hostage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Nov 30, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jeebus.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Does this smack of: A) an overt media bias or b) a carefully staged response spun for political advantage? Either way, it's very Clintonian and of course, very wrong.

And if you can't see one or the other in the opening two paragraphs of this story, you're nuts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071201/ap_on_go_pr_wh/clinton_hostage_leadership;_ylt=AoHiCbsAXdH9M0uUCJj2tElI2ocA

3. I wil actually give you a straight answer on this.
    The answer is -- A.
    "Regal-looking"?
    C'mon, AP. That's an adjective too far.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And the earth stood still.....

You surprise me Fenian.

5. Well, I mean, honestly, "regal-looking"?
    Even if it were true -- which it ain't by a long shot -- it's still inexcusable in a wire-service lede.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Knock me over with a swizzle stick. I agree with Yawn, too.

It's wrong when it happens on the other side -- "John McCain is a straight-talking man of conviction who doesn't want to pander to the hard right but does it only because he has to." -- and it's wrong here.

Of course Clinton is calm after the hostages are freed and the captor arrested. Shit.

Just tell me what the fuck she said.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You tuned into RUSH as your FIRST CHOICE of information.

Check.

(Oh, and I had to straighten the ship after that huge wave you through at it a few posts ago).

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That AP story was so beyond the pale the writer and editors who sent it out should be fired. Of course she was calm. She wasn't there being held hostage. The writer is practically trying to create the image that she talked the guy into giving himself up.

9. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Agreed. When reading those first few lines I thought it was going to be an op-ed piece.

10. Does anyone know if AP has political columnists? Maybe that's what this was. (UPI used to have them back in the day.)

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If anyone would know that, I would expect it to be you.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Walter Mears? Maybe he's retired.

Draft saved Draft deleted