1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craziest football ending...ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hard to be that impressed when half of the losing team might as well been sitting in lawn chairs. There were at least 5 times when a defender was within a couple of yards of the ball carrier and just stood there.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I stopped reading after the lede. That's how compelling it was.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Seems like whomever was doing the box screwed up:

http://www.trinity.edu/departments/athletics/Football/Statistics/mc-tu.htm
    00:00 TRINITY - Riley Curry 44 yd pass from Blake Barmore, 1-60 0:02, TRINITY 28 - MSPS 24

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I counted 15. There's one that you can't make out on the YouTube shot - it is on the far sideline, and if you keep an eye on which Trinity guy has the ball, it switches.

People are saying that the MSPS defenders fell asleep, but until Curry got the ball at the end, how many Trinity guys were so focused on the next lateral that they never made any attempt to move the ball forward? It was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters weave until Curry finally realizes they have to eventually go for the end zone.

5. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

i have to give the play-by-play guy some credit -- he really kept up with who had the ball most of the way, not easy to do

instead of just screaming like most guys would have done

good call, really

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The first thing I did this morning after reaching for the remote in bed was turn on ESPN just in time to hear that fucking yahoo yell. I swear, 9:45 a.m. never felt so early in the morning.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Took the coward's way out! :D

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It appears the viedo has been taken off YouTube.

It's here, now with an ESPN logo attached:

http://www.d3football.com/dailydose/2007/10/28/trinity-millsaps-and-the-must-see-moment/

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Did you hear the announcers at the beginning?

"Well obviously Trinity cannot kick a field goal."
    "Ha, no"
    [awkward silence]

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Umm, I still think this is the greatest football ending ever...

1994 Texas State Championship, Plano East vs. John Tyler at Texas Stadium...Wow...

Best quote: I done wet my britches...

11. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I heard him say something about a radio broadcast. Was this on the radio. I would have been pissed if I was listening, and neither of these two shitheads told me what was going on during the kick return. I remember watching that on ESPN. The call was hilarious.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oh no. God bless those kids. I am sick. I wanna throw up.

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted