1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craziest football ending...ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on the college football board, but here's the video and I don't want it getting lost on there. This is absolutely insane. I guess ESPN has it so we will be seeing it everywhere. Insane.

More than 10 laterals on final play of game wins a Division III game today. They had to go 60 yards. Words can't possibly do it justice.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

OH my God, that was incredible; the defense had no idea what to do after the first few laterals. That was the greatest schoolyard play ever pulled off. Wow, that was amazing.

3. Small Town Guy

I can't stop watching it. I see someone on the comments counted 16 laterals. How many times did it look like it was over? Here's the story on the ending.

http://d3football.com/notables/2007/10/27/Trinity+tops+Millsaps+with+miracle+finish

And as someone else noted, Mike Dubose, former Alabama coach, is coach at Millsaps, the losing team.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

That lead doesn't do the game-winning play justice. At all.

As for Dubose, more ammo for those who want to pile on the Flop from Opp.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. It could not've happened to a better bunch, too. Fucker.

6. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

I counted 14 laterals.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My cousin played for Trinity! Woo hoo!

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Holy crap! I counted 15 laterals, though I admit I lost track of the ball once or twice for a couple seconds at a time. How the hell do you write that up in the box score? :D

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

And complete with the homer color guy screaming in the background. Amazing play ... you'd think the Cal-Stanford play couldn't happen twice.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

You know, the most amazing thing is I don't think the ball ever hit the ground. Usually, if you lateral more than once or twice, you'll put it on the ground.

11. I counted 14 laterals, too. Amazing some of the defenders were just standing around at the end. Crazy, indeed, but it doesn't beat the Stanford-Cal game with the band on the field. ...

12. Small Town Guy

Looks like the second-to-last one or so bounces to someone, as the only one to hit the ground. Just played it on sportscenter twice. Van Pelt is speechless.

Draft saved Draft deleted