1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craziest college football fans (not necessarily in a good way)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are mistaking this for the "Craziest J-School Graduates" thread.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well, anyone who goes to J-school is, by definition, crazy.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, No. 1 by a mile.

Then again, Florida's fans poured urine on Phil Fulmer's wife.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I know a good number of Mizzou J-school grads out here. They're the sane ones, from what I know. ;D

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ohio.

They think it matters that they had some dropout loser tackle Brutus Buckeye.

6. Mizzougrad96

I don't doubt that OSU fans are particularly rowdy for the Michigan game, but I would bet that as a whole they look like choirboys compared to the bulk of the SEC schools.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm aware of it. I have quite a few relatives who are OSU alums.

It's still nowhere close to Auburn-Alabama.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And if you're a Michigan fan going down for the game in Columbus, make sure you rent a car. And make sure it has plates from any state besides Michigan.

Ohio State troopers are also known to pull Michigan plated cars over, especially if the Bald Nuts lose.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ohio State and Wisconsin fans are as close to SEC fans as you will find in the Big 10. It absolutely sucks to be a visiting fan at either stadium.

Well, unless you're an Indiana fan. Everybody pretty much feels sorry for them. Kinda like Vanderbilt.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ever attended a West Virginia game at Morgantown? Has to be in the running here.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SEC (as usual) should top this list. Except Vandy fans.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Not giving them a rank or anything, but a couple of funny comments I heard about the LSU fanbase:

Years ago, in SI's college football preview they had a little item listing rowdiest fans, and under LSU it said "Will boo the invocation."

A month or two ago, I believe it was on the Van Pelt-Racillo radio show, one of them said that the opening kickoff at Baton Rouge was actually the opportunity Tiger fans had to settle down a little bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted