1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craziest college football fans (not necessarily in a good way)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is an offshoot of the RichRod thread.

Rank the top craziest, batshit insane college football fans in the country.
  2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

For the few dreamers who think Jim Harbaugh will actually return the phone call.
  3. Mizzougrad96

1. Alabama
    2. Florida
    3. LSU
    4. Notre Dame
    5. Auburn
    6. Tennessee
    7. Ohio State
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Texas
    10. Michigan
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I know someone is going to reference that Rod thread and say Michigan but if you to a game in the Big House the fans will treat you right and not throw shit at you.

Went to Wisconsin wearing an MSU shirt once and the fans were idiots. Of course, I watched MSU fans throw skittles and apples at Wisconsin fans once. Been to Tennessee for a game and the fans weren't too rowdy or trying to fight everyone like OSU fans do. So I don't know that all SEC programs are nuts.
  5. Mizzougrad96

I feel the same way about Nebraska fans. I've been there a zillion times and thought the fans were incredibly friendly and classy.
  6. derwood

derwood Active Member

aTm has to be in top ten.
  7. Mizzougrad96

A&M probably would have been No. 11 or No. 12 on my list.
  8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Dan Beebe and the rest of the Big 12 administration beg to differ.
  9. Mizzougrad96

Dan Beebe is a prick. I hope Nebraska wins on Saturday just to piss him off.
  10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not sure who the craziest ones are.

But Alabama's are batshit insane.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think there are different kind of loons. I don't think people at Michigan or Ohio State or most Big Ten programs (apparently not Wisconsin, though) will act as shamefully toward the opponent as people would at Auburn or Florida or LSU at night.

However, I think Big Ten fans are loony in different ways. One is outsized expectations. Another is that it's a different kind of institutional arrogance. Fans at Michigan and Illinois and Purdue and Notre Dame, for example, all have Coach K. syndrome in that they think they are part of the only classy program at the only classy university in America. Notre Dame fans think that their players are the only ones who go to class, and they will let you know it. Michigan fans think the same. Purdue fans think the same. Penn State fans think the same. Wisconsin fans, I assume, think the same. It's nauseating sometimes.

Also, Texas A&M fans absolutely should be in the top five on this list. Almost intolerable, and I have one in my family.
  12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

They think they're a national power.
Draft saved Draft deleted