1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crawford accused in Bertuzzi hit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

CBC News reported tonight that court documents indicate that Marc Crawford told players Steve Moore "had to pay the price" during the second intermission of that March 2004 game in Vancouver. (The injury/attack happened in the third period.)

Apparently, the document indicates Bertuzzi and current GM Dave Nonis said this under oath. There was no comment from Crawford, who is not a defendant in the civil suit.

Don't have a link yet. Sure there will be more to come.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Elliotte, if I am not mistaken, didn't the Canucks sue Larry Brooks for libel because he reported something similar several years ago?

3. Elliotte Friedman

HB,

Brooks wrote that Burke challenged the team, not Crawford. Good memory, though. I'd forgotten about that.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I wasn't sure if it Burke or Crawford. I knew someone had challenged the team.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What's Steve Moore doing now?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Having a damn hard time trying to get justice and being ripped for his efforts by Martin Brodeur.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nothing.
    Trying to get his life back to normal

8. Elliotte Friedman

Draft saved Draft deleted