1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crasnick piece on minor-league staffer/fireworks victim

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Michael Echan, May 12, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I thought it was a very well-written, thorough piece. May be a little too descriptive for those with weak stomachs. The fact that this guy, Rai Henniger, is still a fully-functioning person -- let alone still breathing -- is amazing. If you got kids that are screwin' around with fireworks, tell them about Rai and show the pictures.

And despite the circumstances, it's not a bad ending for Henniger, either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3391154&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Damn, that was a good story.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very good story.

Am I crazy to think he looks fairly good considering an accident like that? Doctors do amazing things.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought the same thing. The one photo where you can see the damage to his forehead looks a little worse...but he looks damn good for what I read.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, once his nose gets back to a normal shape I think he will look fine, considering the awful circumstances.

Nice read.

6. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Now that you've mentioned it, his face doesn't look all that bad, especially after you consider the amount of trauma he suffered.

7. It was even better last weekend when it was written in Colorado Springs

Draft saved Draft deleted