1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craigslist meet-up gone horribly wrong

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Mar 19, 2015.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've seen a lot of bad things in my time, but this is something that is beyond tragic, almost like it came from a Law & Order writers' meeting.

Pregnant woman’s baby cut from womb after answering Craigslist ad; suspect ID’d | FOX31 Denver

26-year-old woman in Colorado is seven months pregnant. Responds to a Craigslist ad for baby clothes. Goes to the woman's home -- alone -- and ends up getting stabbed multiple times in the stomach.

Then the woman with the baby clothes "removes" the baby from the woman's womb. She then goes to the hospital with her husband and claims she suffered a miscarriage. The baby didn't survive.

The pregnant woman somehow calls 911 from the basement of the woman's home and barely sounds conscious. It's six minutes and it's just heartbreaking. The dispatcher was incredible.

‘She cut me. … I’m pregnant’ — 911 tape released of victim stabbed in Longmont | FOX31 Denver

The woman who was stabbed is expected to survive after surgery last night. The woman charged with the stabbing told her family that she was pregnant and on Wednesday told them she had "lost the baby." The same woman also lost a 19-month-old son in 2002 to an accidental drowning.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That's horrible. I think my wife got some of our baby clothes that way before our first was born. Jesus, what a tragedy. The only surprise is that it didn't happen in Florida.

No WAY I'm listening to that. I don't have nightmares, but I'm thinking that might do the trick.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I hope the woman who placed the ad suffers unspeakably every day for the rest of her life. Fucking animal.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think I went numb while reading that. Good God.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So that makes me want to throw up and then speed home to my pregnant wife to make sure she's OK and give her a giant hug.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I won't open the link. I remember a similar case a couple of years ago. I think the two women knew each other in that one.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I didnt open the link, wish I could unread the headline. What the hell is wrong with people.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't meet someone in person at their home to buy something from Craigslist, people.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Christ, that is unspeakably awful.

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Sadly, this is not the first time I've read this headline.

EDIT: Deleting because it virtually all of it was in the original post.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some sort of mental illness, most likely.

Draft saved Draft deleted