1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig James for Senate 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

By the way, Craig plays the Palin card in his first debate last night.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/1-13-2012-craig-james-republican-debate/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Who is the current secretary of defense" qualifies as a stumper? That reporter should be embarrassed. It almost sounds like a plant intended to make James look good and THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!! look bad.

Unless it was one of those ESPN docudrama "press conferences."

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He did her before or after Glen Rice?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Mike Leach thing comes into play in the campaign, or if he will even be competitive enough in the campaign for it to be brought up.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hit that one right on the screws.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Certainly had a nifty little run of drunk governors, recently.

7. As someone's who in the middle of Texas, I expected to hear a little more about Craig James.

I saw one commercial so far during a Fox news Republican Nomination Circus Debate #1,563

ONE! Am I supposed to vote for you because of your SMU history? And your cowboy hat in the ads?

GTFO with that noise...or lack thereof

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The Post Game article stated that James was less popular in West Texas than the President. That IS unpopular.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

WTF, unless James's son was a goddamn Heisman candidate (and of course, he wasn't), if I was Leach, I would have booted him straight off the team.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but James is kind of right here. It's one thing when someone's idiocy comes out organically - Palin with the softball newspaper question or Rick Perry not being able to name three agencies or Herman Cain talking about "Uzbeky-beky-beky-beky-stan" and making fun of an important country.

But firing pop quizzes at candidates, just hoping they will botch them so that we can all have a headline, seems silly to me.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's true. But if you're going to do it, ask who the HUD secretary is, or the minority whip, or something like that. The Secretary of Defense? Not only is it inflammatory to ask, it does nothing to indicate the depth of James' knowledge even if he does get it right.

Draft saved Draft deleted