1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Ferguson and the skeleton go bye-bye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Apr 28, 2014.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Kilborn (I'm guessing) must just be content with the occasional guest-host/cameo now since he really hasn't done much since 2010. Maybe he mad enough $$ and is just kicking it now. He seems to have vanished.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I've heard some of his former writers on podcasts and it sounds like he was just a miserable asshole.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah. Wasn't some of Those Guys Have All The Fun also about Kilborn's attitude issues at time? Maybe I'm just mixing that up with his time at The Daily Show. I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't returned to Sportscenter or a Sportscenter-like program (FS1 can't use him?), but unless he spent all his cash I imagine he's got more than enough to live on.

Re: Stewart starting on The Daily Show, there was a kind of rough period as the show transitioned from Kilborn (who had more of a sports and entertainment focus) to Stewart (politics, eventually). Semi-recent article on it: http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/as-a-guest-jon-stewart-was-a-dick-to-craig-kilborn-on-one-of-the-very-first-the-daily-show-episodes/

4. RecoveringJournalist

He was suspended from The Daily Show for saying (I think to Esquire) about his female producer, "If I asked her to blow me, she would."

I think he's the best in the history of SportsCenter. It says a lot that they've buried the hatchet with Olbermann, Whitlock and a few others, but there's been no Kilborn sighting. That may be 100 percent because he doesn't want to, but it makes you wonder.

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

My guess is no one saw this -- Ferguson to do daily half-hour talk show for Tribune Stations:

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/television_news/2014/08/craig_ferguson_in_final_negotiations_with_tribune#transition

Geoff the skeleton and Michael the producer are joining him in show to start in Fall 2015.

6. RecoveringJournalist

They said on Carolla's show this morning that Ferguson was also getting a prime time game show.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The game show was announced earlier this year, RJ. It will debut this fall.

Draft saved Draft deleted