1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Ferguson and the skeleton go bye-bye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ferguson is leaving CBS, according to reports. Certainly little surprise.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/28/craig-ferguson-leaving_n_5229431.html

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Not a surprise, but I'll still miss this show. Guess my 12:35 slot just opened up for something else. :(

3. jr/shotglass

I would suggest Seth Meyers, except ... well, no.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

DVR playback time, I guess. ;)

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Late night is now dead to me.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

First call should go to Chris Hardwick.

7. Mizzougrad96

Apparently, the first call is going to Neil Patrick Harris.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Marc Maron gets a look.

9. jr/shotglass

Had to Google him. Still don't know him. ;)

10. Mizzougrad96

That would be an interesting one... Without question, Maron would be great. I just think with the 12:30 spot you should be targeting a younger demographic, which Hardwick seems to appeal to more, even though he's not that much younger than Maron or some of the others.

Maron and Jon Stewart have an ongoing feud that goes back decades. If Colbert has any say in who follows him, that could have an impact.

I'm not sure how I feel about NPH. Obviously, he's a huge talent.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Does Marc Maron hire a special assistant just to keep him up to date on which people he has ongoing feuds with and who is cool with him?

12. Mizzougrad96

I think he's one of those people who had a problem with just about everybody at some point, but is mostly cool with most of them now...

Stewart joked about it when he was on Carolla's show a couple years ago. Maron has talked about it as well. He always saw Stewart's career as how he envisioned how his career should have gone, and as a result was a complete dick to Stewart. He was enough of a dick to Stewart that Stewart refused to forgive him. I'd love to know more specifics, because if someone who seems as mellow as Stewart is still mad, it was probably really bad...

Draft saved Draft deleted