1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Dubow quits

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And collects a $37 MILLION package in disability benefits. Yup, got to love those job creators:

http://www.gannettblog.blogspot.com/

Good fucking riddance you overpaid corporate jackass who dicked over dozens of communities with your short-sighted ideas, and ruined the lives of thousands of loyal workers because of your incompetence.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Craig Dubow didn't dick over dozens of communities with his short-sited ideas or ruin the lives of thousands of loyal workers because of his incompetence. That suggests the ideas were his own and the incompetence came from him, when in truth, Craig Dubow proved exceptionally competent. Think about it: He presided over a company that dicked over dozens of communities with short-sited ideas and ruined the lives of thousands of loyal workers because of others' incompetence. He profited off the dicking over of communities with short sited ideas and the ruining of the lives of thousands of loyal workers because of others' incompetence.

Craig Dubow gets to walk away with $37 million dollars for retiring. How's your severence package?

3. Baron Scicluna

So, in other words, he did nothing but sit on his ass and collect his paycheck, correct?

And everyone else suffered.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good. Now he can die.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Exactly. I refuse to give him credit for bringing down Gannett. I will only give him credit for profiting off its demise.

6. Baron Scicluna

I disagree. He was the top guy. The buck stops with him.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I found this graph amazing:
    "With Martore at Dubow's side, GCI's annual revenue plunged to $5.4 billion in 2010, from $7.6 billion in 2005. Net income dove to $588 million from $1.2 billion during the same period. Battling for survival, the company slashed expenses through layoffs as it consolidated finance, printing, marketing and other work."
    Net income dropped more than 50 percent. Stock fell from $72 to $10.45 a share.
    Staggering.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

How many layoffs and/or additional furlough days will Gannett have to pay that $37 million?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well... It's that time of year again for Gannett...

If they layoff approximately 800 people that will pay for what they gave that asshole to leave.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He's not Bob Jelenic.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

A $37 M severance package, in this case, is a criminal act.

12. Baron Scicluna

No he's not.

Dubow, at least, didn't waste his time firing people for misspelling names of JV hockey kids, unlike Jelinic. I'll give Dubow credit for that. He was greedy and incompetent. Jelinic was both of those, and mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted