1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Carton arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 6, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Even better than, 'he is innocent,' he is a victim.

WFAN's Craig Carton 'is a victim who was deceived, manipulated and used,' attorney says

To paraphrase, Obi Wan Kenobi, Who's scummier, the scum bag or the scum bag who defends the scum bag.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This had me chuckling.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Imus can't be alive? His Use By Date was 1997

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The "my client is too stupid to pull off something like this" could play big with a jury, given this particular client.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What the fuck is that recorded from? HAM radio?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought Imus had retired, and I figured Sid was doing time somewhere.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Also, Carton had a charity to raise Money for Tourette's syndrome. Evidently charity golf tournaments were held but few of the proceeds went to charity. When I read about these charity golf tournaments evidently the club is charging a lot of money for the use of the facilities (at least Trump seems to). But are the celebrity guests compensated?

When I read about ex-players flying in for the event are their tickets and hotels normally paid for. Is a "charity" golf tournament just an opportunity for a bunch of affluent businessman to hangout with some celebrities and take a tax write off and the actual cash contributions to charity marginal.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Often times they are excuses to hangout with celebrities, but the charities usually give most of the revenues away. His old partner Boomer has done an excellent job of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted