1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Carton arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 6, 2017.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I listened to Mike & Mike for years for no other reason than it was devoid of high school smut. But recently they had a segment about a MMA fighter who drank urine in training, so scratched them off my list. Idiots.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Speaking of idiots...The show fell off a cliff when Greenberg left, after years of steady decline.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Mike & Mike was minivan-mom sports radio for years. Not offensive, not interesting. You could listen on your commute and not remember any of it an hour after exiting your car.

garrow likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

As far as National Radio goes, this is just my humble opinion.

Mike and Mike was unlistenable.
    Golic and Wingo and Golic's moron kid are unlistenable.
    Dan Patrick is very good. The idiots that are on with him make it unlistenable.
    I used to despise LeBatard, but he has grown on me. Him and Stugotz are very good together.
    Clay Travis is unlistenable.
    Will Cain is unlistenable.
    Cowherd is annoying at times, but I can stomach him.
    Stephen A.......when he is in a good mood, can actually be pretty good. When he goes off on a rant about something, it's 2 hours of him whining. Click.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wish you had put this first so I would have known not to bother with the rest of the post.

cake in the rain and Fred siegle like this.
  6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

How is the Clay Travis show doing? My impression is that his show is on a lot of stations in college towns and in the South where there is a lot of interest in college because it airs at about 4:00 A.M. so it is cheap filler for the overnight shift but I don't know. His affiliate list seems to be out of date.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There's a part of me that hopes he is rehired. He owes his victims $5 million.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hard for him to sell fake tickets with no live events.

matt_garth likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted