1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cracking the New York code

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 14, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

In ways you can't even begin to comprehend.....

Seriously, I'm kidding honey.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Too late...now you'll have to take her for more shopping.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And we'll have to go to every shoe and purse store in the mall and everything.

4. Dead. To. Me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Hey, now my Saturn is perfectly peachy. That is, until I run your ass over.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

"It's right near Duane Reade" is perfect for anything in Manhattan, and probably truthful.

Actually, if you type "366 Fifth Avenue New York" into Google, it will give you a map with a green arrow pointing right to the location.

I think you can also click on that for street view, but I'm not sure about that.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You and your fancy Google. Are you too good for an abacus?

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Can't miss it. It's right near Ray's Pizza.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Just for the record, the citizens of Cowshitistan, collectively, have no idea that there's a place on earth where address numbers correlate with cross streets. Were you to tell us, some of us might not believe you. We're less urban in our sensibilities. In fact, here in the capital city of Bullflopibad, the downtown area is an ongoing theater of overwhelmed drivers. Wrong way on a one-way is sadly common. Even for those who understand arrows, the mere presence of one-way streets is enough to destroy one's confidence in God's creation. One-way streets are effete, Frenchified, a Yankee conceit, an open invitation to atheism and ass-buggery.

Other downtown-driving phenomena include stopping where there's no stop sign, disregarding existing stop signs, stopping to turn, menacing pedestrians and finally- good, old-fashioned stopping in the middle of the road for no reason. Usually, that's a symptom of psychic meltdown caused by the combination of one-way streets and the proximity of a few low-rise office buildings.

Y'all motorists don't fergit to scare the shit out of that boy on the bicycle by honking frantically to say "hello" to your friend in the other gigantic truck two lanes over (that you just saw at the cafeteria 15 minutes ago)!

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Went to NYC in '99 and someone tried to explain the formula to me.

But I come from a small hick town which struggled when our beloved downtown square was changed to a roundabout.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ray's, Famous Ray's or Original Ray's?

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Famous Original Ray's?

Draft saved Draft deleted