1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cracking the New York code

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

This thread is brilliant.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I read this thread and then I look at my walls to make sure I'm not tripping on acid.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll just subtract 183

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My Christmas wish: be like jgmacg.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just figured it out based on another one of those formulas. If I add a second marshmallow, I can add 100, multply by 3 and subtract 5,280. That leaves it with negative calories, which means it is good for you. So I'll have two.
    Sweet.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Simple brilliance.

Well, maybe not so simple. Just brilliance.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Now I have a few questions about that stoop initiative that works on the alternate side rotation. Do they tow your stoop when you screw up, and if so, how much do they hold it hostage for? I'm also curious about what it's like when you go out to sit on your stoop and you get that panicked feeling of, "Oh shit, my stoop isn't here! Did someone steal it, or was I supposed to move it?" On a side note, I really thought alternate side rules were suspended for 'Jainist Digambaras Day'. I also thought nudity rules were suspended on that day, and boy did that lead to some serious hijinx. Oh, and if you dial 311, will Mike Bloomberg personally answer your call and tell you within 30 seconds where you stoop has been towed to, or do you get routed through every city agency before giving up and heading cross town to take out your frustrations on frightened tourists who can't cross Fifth Avenue because of the Puerto Rican Day parade? And what are the chances that any of those tourists can tell you the cross street for 366 Fifth Avenue without toting around a mainframe computer?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, even I figured it out.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Fuckin' Manhattanites.
    Why don't youse come out to da outta boroughs, huh? What, ya tink ya betta den us?

10. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Oh Ragu, don't you know real New Yorkers only talk to tourists to send them the wrong direction? Why do you think Moddy was told to subtract 158. Everybody <i>knows</i> you need to add 42 if you're facing south.

If you want to visit me, walk west... just a little farther... You'll know it when you see it. My stoop's permanent, but there's no parking anywhere unless you know how to get a boot off the car.

11. I think I have entered the twilight zone. Now I know why I don't live anywhere near New York.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Because you can't figure out the cross street for your apartment?

Draft saved Draft deleted